To help re-open venues such as P&J Live in Aberdeen, venue management company ASM Global have created an environmental hygiene protocol – VenueShield.
VenueShield is a comprehensive industry leading programme of cleanliness which is being implemented across more than 325 ASM Global facilities around the world.
P&J Live’s VenueShield cleanliness programme has been introduced as part of their ongoing commitment to maintain the highest standards of hygiene practices so that when the time comes, fans can visit the venue with confidence.
About the programme at P&J Live
The programme for P&J Live has been put together in line with Scottish Government Guidelines and international health care guidelines and will take into account the COVID-19 restrictions and regulations at the time of the event.
You can read all the procedures that have been put in place on the P&J website which cover:
- Contactless payments, sink faucets, sanitiser stations
- Social distancing at pay stations, toilets, entry and exits
- One ways systems and 2 metres seating configurations for socially distanced events
- Capacity management for the venue and closed areas such as toilets and lifts
- Increased cleaning before, during and after the event especially in high volume areas and touch points such as door handles
- Air handling air filtration units which are controlled to run on 100% fresh air and will be upgraded to achieve at minimum 90% efficiency
- Plenty of safety messaging internally and externally on screens, walls and floors
Temperature reading devices are available on event client request, and a COVID safe trained first aid team will support guests who have recorded a higher than normal temperature reading upon entry.
Contact tracing registration can also be requested for an event, and P&J Arena are participating in the NHS Test & Protect scheme.
Other ASM venues running their own VenueShield programmes include Utilita Arena in Newcastle, First Direct Arena in Leeds, AO Arena and The Bridgewater Hall in Manchester, Bonus Arena in Hull, York Barbican and the The Baths Hall and The Plowright Theatre in Scunthorpe.