Linecheck festival and music conference is gearing up for its 2021 edition, which will take place from 23 to 25 November 2021.
This year Linecheck has announced the launch of a new integrated hybrid format, which will combine an in-person festival and conference experience at the festival’s base in Milan with live showcases across Europe, all of which will be broadcast in real time via Linecheck’s website.
The live showcases will be at Ticketmaster’s London HQ, plus Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Hamburg and Haldern, and tickets are available for all events apart from the London showcase which is live stream only.
Through the digital platform live.linecheck.it, the festival will connect those 6 European cities, with over 30 showcases happening simultaneously with Milan, taking big steps towards reducing their environmental impact of touring as well as the impact of audiences travelling to shows and festivals.
The live showcases will offer a trailblazing line up with the best of what the emerging Italian and European music scene has to offer, with music starting after the daytime conference, from sunset until late night The full live program and stage times will be available from Linecheck’s website.
Tickets for the in person and digital events are on sale now at Ticketmaster.
About the Livestream Events
Day 1 – Streaming live from Ticketmaster’s London HQ
London will host Day 1 of the festival on the evening of 23 November at Ticketmaster’s Imperial Bar.
There will be performances from emerging Italian artist IOSONOUNCANE – who as The Quietus wrote in their recent review “does for Italian canzone what Burial once did for the rave”. Follow Iosonouncane on Ticketmaster.
Also performing will be Italy-born, London-based producer Giulia Tess, who has been making moves in the UK electronic dance scene with releases on labels such as Jamz Supernova’s Future Bounce and Ross From Friends’ Scarlet Tiger imprint and support from DJ Mag. Alongside her production projects Giulia regularly plays around London clubs and is also a resident DJ at Threads Radio, appearing and appeared on NTS, BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 1xtra, BBC Asian Network, Balamii and Reprezent Radio as a guest DJ.
Linecheck live from MIlan
From Linecheck’s HQ of BASE in Milan, opening the evening live events on November 23 will be Prague based duo ba:zel, followed by one of the most promising young artists coming out from the forward thinking Milan music scene Memento, and another Iitalian rising artist, producer, multi-instrumentalist and DJ PLASTICA. Ending the night will be French-Cameroonian artist James BKS, the first artist signed to Idris Elba’s label 7Wallace.
Linecheck’s second night’s live showcase on November 24 will see singer-songwriter GIUNGLA perform armed with just an electric guitar, a massive synth rack and her voice, the talented Italian indie darling has gained support from international key music outlets including BBC Radio 1, The Line Of Best Fit and NME, to name a few. Representing the international sound contamination coming out from Italy, singer LA NIÑA reflects the canons of Spain’s aesthetic and cultural influence on Naples, inserting herself within the Neapolitan artistic renaissance with her music.
Closing the live showcase in Milan on November 25 will be Berlin-based, Bulgarian born songwriter and vocalist DENA and Italo-Senegalese Afrobeat rapper F.U.L.A. Open Sound will present OSA2.1, a unique performance in which all the performers will equally join in an unprecedented musical journey mixing electronic and traditional sounds. Closing the live show will be DJ Hugo San, who uses turntables and mixers to create impossible soundscapes.
Linecheck live from Germany
During both the conference and the showcase festival, Germany will be the focus country for the coming edition. This year Linecheck will be present in three German cities; in Hamburg at HÄKKEN on November 23 the event will see Pufuleti, a naturalized German artist of Sicilian origin perform his new Italian-German album ‘RAMMBOCK’, while Hamburg newcomer MARYAM.FYI, will showcase her laid-back rap-soul music influenced by Loyle Carner and Jorja Smith.
On November 24, live from Haldern Pop Bar will be Hungarian band Terra Profonda and German hip hop collective stockdale.
On November 25 from Berlin’s Monarch the festival will showcase Pose Dia, Ay Wing and Warm Graves.
Linecheck live from Spain
As for the Spanish capital, Madrid, the showcase on November 24 sees Linecheck collaborating with the The Spanish Wave project, promoted and supported by Live Nation ES, which focuses on exporting a wide palette of young, emerging and talented acts from all over Spain internationally.
Spanish indie-rock group Melenas will headline, with Italian-Spanish project The Death of Robert opening the night, followed by Olivia Is A Ghost. The Paris line-up is still TBC, so keep your eyes peeled for further announcements.
About the Conference
The main theme of this seventh edition of the music conference will be #Reverse, chosen to explore the present and future of the music industry, its trends and economics with a view to pushing collective innovation outside the conventional framework. #Reverse will resonate across the music meetings, imposing a change of perspective, disruption and transformation of the ever-evolving business of music.
We will talk about #CreatorsRights, exploring the economic value of music rights granted by creators, the intellectual and property rights associated with original works, their performance and dissemination.
- #SharedExperience will focus on music fans and the new trends that are shaping the way music is enjoyed, consumed and shared: online, offline, alone or together.
- In #PlayFair will explore the framework of action to achieve a more sustainable music industry, explore systemic gender inequalities, how to promote a culture of inclusivity, awareness and acceptance around mental health issues, and environmental cost of music and its footprints.
- #BeyondBoundaries will explore territorial borders and Europeanisation, as well as cross-sectoriality, proposing innovation as a way to overcome territorial, mental and technological boundaries.
- While in #CreativeSynergies we will examine the mode of interactions between different creative industries, exploring the relations between music artists, commercial brands and the different media drivers.
Linecheck is the ultimate meeting place between professionals and enthusiasts of the music sector, an incubator for dialogues between music, creative, technology and cultural industries, bridging the gaps between Italy, other European countries, the UK and the rest of the world.
Linecheck’s Matchmaking Sessions, in person and virtual, will connect international delegates to Italian industry experts covering different sectors of the industry.
- Meet The Managers international delegates will have the opportunity to talk to some of the Italian music managers working some of the biggest music artists in the country.
- Meet Label, Distribution & PR will include experts including Guendalina Gramitto Ricci (Carosello Records, Italy), Elena Conti (Garrincha Dischi, Italy), Oriana Guarino (Believe, Italy), Cori Chinnici (Fuga, UK), Nicolò Picchioni (Artist First, Italy). Meet Publishing, Sync & Brand will see some of the biggest companies and executives in their sectors, including Cecilia Gandini (BMG, Italy), Silvia Siano and Federico Diliberto Paulsen (Editorial Group Bixio, Italy), Lavinia Fontanili (Editorial Group Curci, Italy), Marco Barocci (peermusic, Italy).
- While Meet Promoters, Clubs and Festivals, will feature some of the biggest Italian live music promoters meeting international delegates, experts will include: Alessandro Ceccarelli (BPM Concerti), Yuri Toccacelli (Monk Roma),Salvatore Perri (Apolide Festival), Lucrezia Muscianisi (Mish Mash Festival), Joslina Cipolletta (Indiegeno Fest), Paolo Visci (Pentagon Booking – Indierocket Music Festival).