Manchester Arena has been awarded GOLD status by Attitude is Everything, the disability-led charity with over 20 years’ experience improving Deaf and disabled people’s access to live music.
These are some of the venues achievements and accessibile features:
- Manchester Arena is now the only venue in the North West to have a dedicated ‘Changing Places Toilet’ facility which is one of four in Manchester City Centre.
- The venue now offers online bookings for customers with access requirements through Ticketmaster alongside a dedicated accessible bookings services.
- The arena’s back stage areas have also been upgraded to ensure that they are fully accessible which means that disabled artists and fans alike can enjoy the full Manchester Arena experience without compromise.
- Easy-read documents are available on the venue’s website.
- All staff receive ongoing disability and equality awareness training so that they are able to champion access across the venue and embed best practices in their work and throughout their departments.
Announcing the news, Gideon Feldman, Head of Programmes for Attitude is Everything commented:
“It’s really exciting to see the work that has been undertaken over the last few years from the Manchester Arena around the experience they offer customers, performers and their staffing team who are Deaf and disabled. The work undertaken to put the Charter in place has a wide implication on how the venues runs from sign language interpreting for performances on request to the Changing Places toilet installed and we’re delighted that Manchester Arena is now a Gold venue, the commitment shown to access from all is fantastic.”
James Allen, General Manager of Manchester Arena added:
“Manchester Arena is committed to disability awareness and takes an inclusive approach at each stage of the customer and artist journey. The entire team has worked hard to make the necessary improvements as part of our ongoing commitment to customer experience. We have invested over £40K for the installation of brand new facilities and staff training as part of the venue’s large-scale redevelopment to mark our 25th anniversary next month and to ensure the venue’s future for the next 25 years. We are proud to work alongside Attitude is Everything adhering to their Charter of Best Practise to make sure that everyone has access to performances.”